Brooklyn Legal Services Corporation A - Community and Economic Development Program
About Brooklyn Legal Services Corporation A - Community and Economic Development Program
Community and Economic Development Program provides transactional legal counsel to nonprofits and small businesses that sustain and empower low-income communities. We assist these organizations with an array of development and operational projects to sustain affordable housing developments, community health centers, and schools. We help small businesses on commercial lease matters.
The groups we represent seek to create, develop, and operate new and rehabilitated affordable housing; provide high quality health care services; develop community-wide sustainable development strategies; provide support and educational services to youth from infancy through college; and generally work for social and economic justice in local low-income communities. Our partnerships create minority and community-owned businesses and jobs.
Brooklyn A’s CED attorneys, as in-house and special project counsel, offer nonprofit clients ongoing, long-term representation that encompasses the full range of services that private sector corporations routinely receive from their corporate counsel. The transactional legal services we provide include:
- Real estate, including pre-development coordination and title and finance closings
- The drafting and negotiation of contracts
- Regulatory representation and negotiations with governmental authorities
- Advice and council with regard to public and private financing
- Corporate and tax advice
- Environmentally sustainable development
- Employee relations
- Corporate formation, including incorporation, obtaining tax-exempt status and organizational structuring
- Litigation, in limited circumstances
This organization is accessible by wheelchair and provides access for the hearing impaired.
We serve New York City (all 5 NYC boroughs).
We speak the following languages:
- Spanish / Español
- Yiddish / ??????
However, we provide interpreters by phone for all languages.